Rising demand for lightweight vehicles and the growing utilization of aluminum in diecasting auto parts to fuel growth of market during forecast period. Stringent environmental regulations and Cafe standards imposed across various regions to support adoption of die casting process.
The Pressure die casting market is expected to hold largest share in the market during the forecast period, owing to growing adoption and consumer interest across the world. The process is accessible around the globe because of its unique advantage in manufacturing high volume goods. Moreover, steady demand from the automotive sector, it is likely to contribute for substantial growth of market over the forecast period.
The high-pressure process in the industry is called idle for achieving higher output levels and is primarily used in various industries. The low-pressure process is used in the output of low-volume goods with top unit costs due to the longer casting cycles. Manufacturers across the world are adopting various growth strategies to expand their presence in the global market.
Asia-Pacific region expected to witness significant growth during the period owing to growing investments and production plants establishments in the region. The growing adoption of aluminum in major economies such as India, China and Japan anticipated to contribute for overall development of market during forecast period.
Major countries like India, China and Japan to contribute significantly for the development of market over forecast period. China is one of the major producers of die casting parts, and growing adoption of passenger cars in the region to provide optimistic impact on the market.
According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, China’s car production reached 2.84 million units in December of 2020 and also increased 5.7% from a year earlier.
Asia-Pacific region being one of the world’s largest manufacturer of vehicles, tend to attract major manufacturers in the market. Many players are adopting growth strategies such as geographic expansion and production capacity expansion to stay competitive in this market.
KEY COMPETITION ACTIVITY IN THE REGION
- In March 2021, Endurance Technologies Limited announced the construction of a new plant at Waluj to meet the demand of disk brake assembly business. Company is also setting up a cylinder-head low-pressure die-casting plant at Pantnagar, which will start operations in April-June 2021.
- In February 2020, Ningbo Xusheng Auto Technology Co. Ltd announced that it may raise a maximum of CNY 1.2 billion for capital investment. The investment may be used for the second phase of construction of the high precision casting and forging components plant for new energy vehicles. The vehicle light-weighting components plant will add a 68,097 square-meter facility which will process die-casting as well as casting and forging pre products for new energy vehicles and light-weight aluminum containing alloy high precision components. Its annual processing capacity of die-casting after full-scale operation will be 3.8 million units, which consists of 1.5 million transmission cases, 0.6 million suspension system cases and 1.7 million battery system cases.
- In February 2021, Nantong Jiangzhong Photoelectricity Co., Ltd. Installed its Italpresse gauss TF5700 high pressure die casting (HPDC) machine at the company’s base in Jiangsu province, China. With its huge 3500 x 3500mm platens, the TF5700’s closing force of 5700 tons making it the ideal solution for large part production. Jiangzhong has also purchased a Westomat 3100 from Striko Westofen to integrate seamlessly with the machine.
- In March 2020, IKD Co. Ltd announced that it may sign an investment agreement with the Administrative Commission of Liudong New District of Liuzhou city. According to the agreement, IKD will invest CNY 500 million for the establishment of five subsidiaries in Liuzhou. These subsidiaries may undertake a high-precision aluminum-alloy die casting project for lightweight vehicles. The project may include procedures such as high-pressure die casting, application of molding technologies, die production and molten aluminum processing. With a facility of 60,000 square meters, the project has a construction period of 24 months and may be able to produce 30 million units of high-precision aluminum-alloy die castings annually.
- In April 2021, Toyota Industries Corporation and Siemens announced that they have cooperated to develop artificial intelligence (AI) that can predict product abnormalities in aluminum die casting, a key process in automotive air conditioning compressor production.
- In 2019, Ryobi Limited (Ryobi) stated its plan to accelerate the development of aluminum die-cast parts for electrified vehicles. The company actively promote its products manufactured with its sophisticated die molding and production technologies, such as aluminum die-cast battery cases and lightweight, high rigidity motor cases, to automakers around the world.