WHAT IS ALUMINIUM DIE CASTINGAluminum die casting is a manufacturing process that produces geometrically complex, defined, accurate and textured-surface metal parts. The aluminum alloy is widely used for die casting as it is lightweight as well exhibits high-dimensional stability for producing low-density and durable end products. Furthermore, aluminum has high corrosion resistance, electrical and thermal conductivity, stiffness, durability, and excellent strength-to-weight ratio, in comparison to other metal alloys. Owing to this, aluminum casts are widely employed across various sectors, including automotive, electrical and electronics, transportation, building and construction, telecommunication, consumer durables, and energy, among various others.
Aluminum Die Casting Market was valued at USD 23.66 Billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD 49.80 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 9.70% from 2019 to 2026.
MARKET SIZE & GROWTH
The North America aluminum die casting market size was valued at around USD 3 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3% from 2020 to 2027. The market growth is mainly attributed to the increasing demand for aluminum in the transportation industry in passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, aircraft, and railways. Over 95% of aluminum die castings produced in the country are made from post-consumer recycled aluminum.
North America has been dominating the aluminum casting market and is expected to retain its foothold in the coming few years as well. In 2016, aluminum supply in North America, including inventory, was pegged at 11.97 billion kg, up 2.6% over 2015. In addition, in 2016, 34% of the aluminum was produced domestically, 37% was derived from recycled materials, and 27% was imported, according to a report published by the Aluminum Association in 2017. Post 2020, Asia will continue to be the highest growing continent, but as mentioned earlier North America will also demonstrate steady growth.
IMPACT OF COVID19U.S. is one of the hardest-hit countries in the world due to the covid-19 pandemic, which has resulted in major consequences in the manufacturing activities of the country, thereby negatively impacting the product demand. The aviation industry, a significant end-user of the market, too has been impacted by the spread of coronavirus. Transportation industry accounts for 50%+ revenue market share for the pressure die casting industry in the North America and it has been badly affected by the pandemic and slowly getting back on the track. Agriculture and Construction are other key sectors important for die casting.
MAJOR PLAYERS IN NORTH AMERICAIn North America, US is the leading country in aluminium die casting and contributes more than 80% market share. The other two countries in this continent are Mexico and Canada.
1. ALCOA CORPORATION: Alcoa Corporation is one of the foremost authorities on aluminum & the leading player in aluminium die casting in North America. Today, Alcoa is a global aluminum, bauxite, and alumina supplier, and smelts, casts, and rolls materials for almost every industry imaginable.
2. CONSOLIDATED METCO INC of Vancouver, WA, is a leading supplier of wheel ends, aluminum castings, plastic components, and more for the commercial vehicle industry.
3. SHILOH INDUSTRIES, INC. is a global, high-volume manufacturer of metal products for the automotive, truck, and consumer markets based in Valley City, OH. Shiloh is a leader in high vacuum, high-pressure die casting services and can address nearly any die casting need from heat treatment to testing to finishing and assembly.
4. DYNACAST, INC. is a global manufacturer of die-casting solutions headquartered in Charlotte, NC. Dynacast also does specialty die casting, which uses a wide range of materials and processes to provide tailored mechanical properties, finishes, and other attributes for your project.
5. PACE INDUSTRIES, INC. of Fayetteville, AR, is a manufacturer of die-cast parts and engineering solutions for automotive, recreational, medical, electrical, and other applications.
6. RYOBI DIE CASTING INC. is a custom manufacturer of high-pressure aluminum die castings for automotive, structural, and other industries.
7. KURT MANUFACTURING of Minneapolis, MN, is a custom manufacturer of precision machined, die-cast aluminum parts and assemblies.
8. GIBBS DIE CASTING is a custom manufacturer of precision die-cast parts for the automotive industry, using both vertical and horizontal die cast processes
Copyright © 2020-21 AlCircleBiz All Rights Reserved.